Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Aspiring advertisers

I'm teaching a television lesson to some of my classes this week (basically if their computer works they get the tv lesson, if not we do something else).  We talk about different kinds of shows (sit-com, drama, game show, etc) as well as tv ads - side note: making them say 'reality tv' is hilarious.  After we watch that funny Pepsi ad where Jimmy Fallon dances down the street I explain that ads are also in magazines and newspapers and have them draw one.  So far this exercise was pretty much useless because the kids didn't want to do it, but since I need that time to draw up the game on the board, I considered it time well wasted.  Until today.  Here are a few of the funniest ones from my 7th grade class this morning:



The Chinese on the bottle means "Coca-Cola"




I was told this was a pizza ad...




This kid took my explanation of 'it makes you want to buy things' very seriously

1 comment:

david1082 said...

"It's Not Free"

The transition from Communism to Capitalism is complete it seems. Mao must be turning in his grave.