Monday, August 25, 2008

The fine art of hole-peeing...

Well, I did it, I peed in a hole.
I knew that this day would come, but I hoped it would come a little later than day two. It's an interesting mix of anxiety and deflation when you walk into a bathroom and the first stall you come to is a hole in the ground...and so is the second...and so is the third.... After checking and double checking all four stalls to make sure there wasn't a western-style toilet hiding from me, I decided it was time to man up and do it.
It turns out that it is as hard to do this as one might think, especially since I can barely keep my balance in a squatting position anyway. I managed to splatter my feet, the legs of my pants, and even my face a little, but I did accomplish my two main goals: I did not completely saturate any part of my pants OR (thanks to my tight grip on the bottom of the stall door) fall into the hole.

1 comment:

kevin said...

haha this is awesome! it definitely trumps the New York (both) and Atlanta trips! I can't believe how unorganized it all sounded! You'd think they'd have it a little more together for international travel, no?

I wish I'd known you were at O'Hare. I would've rode the Blue Line over and hung out with you in the airport for a little while and we could've played that game we never got to play, haha. Oh well, it's all good.

Glad to hear you found some baseball loving people over there in China!! You gotta look out for those Cubbies!!! And I will root root root for the Twink-ies (I think that's what they call the Twins).

Take care and have fun! -Kev